The Bodhisattva School of Yoga
TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
Saturday, August 6th, 2011 8:30 am!!! (Part I)
DC Yoga offers a comprehensive 200 hour teacher's training progam based on Bodhisattva Yoga--a style which is not limited to one particular tradition but develops through the teacher's experience and own personal practice. These 200 hours are based on the requirements of certification by Yoga Alliance.
The Bodhisattva School of Yoga offers a comprehensive 200 hour teacher's training program based on Bodhisattva Yoga--a style which is not limited to one particular tradition but develops through the teacher's experience and own personal practice. Yoga Alliance bases these 200 hours on the requirments of certification. The training will encompass all aspects of yoga and will include:
Techniques--asanas, pranayama,chanting,and meditation.
Teaching methodology--how to demonstrate, adjust, teaching styles, and qualities of a teacher.
Anatomy and Physiology--including energy bodies, chakras and nadis.
Philosophy/Ethic/Lifestyle---study of yogic scriptures, ethics for teachers and living a yogic life.
Practicum---student teaching, observing and assisting in other's classes
Electives---further studies in any of above or emphasizing Bodhisattva yoga
Contact hours---outside reading, study groups, homework, attending yoga classes.
Bodhisattva Teacher Training is divided into three parts:
Part 1- 40 credit hours - Introduction to Bodhisattva Teachers Training
Part 2- 80 credit hours- Teacher Training Intensive
Part 3- 80 credit hours- Advanced Teacher Training
Introduction To Bodhisattva Teachers Training (Part One)
We start with an Introduction to Teacher's Training - a 40 hour intensive study which is a prerequisite for the rest- Part 2 and 3 of Bodhisatva teacher's training. .
This course is for anyone who has a regular yoga practice and either wants to teach Yoga or deepen his/her own practice and understanding of Yoga.
- The 40 hours can be covered online and in person, broken down as follows:
22 hours areas of study (Includes first Sat night of month Satsong)
Required participation in 8 yoga classes 90 minutes each = 12 hours).
6 hours of karma yogaPart 2 and 3 are 80 hours each and double everything from Part 1. -
- You will study:
Patanjali and the 8 limbs of yoga
Physiology of body as it relates to teaching yoga
How to organize and teach a Beginner's level standard Sivananda style class which contains Surya Namaskar and 12 classical hatha yoga asanas
How to lead final relaxation
You will have an opportunity to learn and to lead.
You will have hands on oportunities to learn and to lead! After the completion of the course you will be able to teach a beginner's level Yoga class at DCYOGA and various DC locations.
Part Two and Three (Teacher's Training Intensive and Advanced Teacher's Training) Will prepare you to teach as certified under the Yoga Alliance Standards. You will receive more knowlege on the physiology of yoga as well as find a deeper understanding of your own practice as you learn more about the yogic lifestyle.
Part 1 is offered in August 1 and is a pre-requisite to the Part 2 Training Intensive and Part 3, the Advanced Teachers Training.
Schedule 2011 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Semester 1 Aug 6 th & 7th Aug 13th & 14th
Aug 27th & 28th
Sep 10th & 11th
Sep 24th & 25th
Semester 2 TBA TBA TBA Semester 3 TBA TBA TBA
Required for Part 1 One weekend--Sat/Sun (830am-6pm) plus Saturday night Yoga Party (satsong)= 22 hours
Participation in 8 yoga classes and and 6 hours of Karma Yoga (self-less service) per month.
Requirements are double for Part 2 and Part 3 - Required participation in 16 yoga classes and 12 hours of Karma Yoga (self-less service) for each part. Three weekends each --Sat/Sun (830am-6pm) = 44 hours
Total 40 hours for Part 1, 80 hours for Part 2, and 80 hours for Part 3 = 200 hours.
Part 1 $695
Part 2 $1195
Part 1&2 $1800.00
Part 3 $1195
Work/study is available.
Please check out our classes and schedule, and try us. We are sure the benefits you have will be more than you have imagined. Private Sessions are available for $60. Call in advance to reserve an instructor and time.
www.dcyoga.com 1242 U St.SE, Washington, DC 20020
(202) 714-YOGA email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How much does it cost? About $3000 for the full 200 hours. Work/study is avaialable. Includes an unlimited monthly pass.
- What is the format of classes? Every wednesday night from 8 to 9:30, and the 5 weekends (10am-6pm) at the studio --classes, theory and hands on experience; selected classes of other teachers at DC Yoga--- as a participant, observer or assistant---seeing other teachers' styles, ways of teaching, etc.(One weekend for Part 1, two weekends for Part 2 and 3 = 5 weekends total)
- What if I have to miss a class? Arrangements can be made to make up missed classes.
- Do I have to pay for the extra classes I am supposed to take? No, you are automatically given an unlimited monthly pass while you are in the Teacher's Training Program.
- What is Karma yoga? Karma yoga is self-less service and it is a division of yoga, as important as the physical practice of yoga.
- Will I be qualified to teach yoga after this 200 hour course? Absolutely!!!
- Will I feel ready to teach based on my experiences of the training? YES!!
- Will my certificate be recognized and accepted? YES, and you will be qualified to meet all the requirements to join YOGA ALLIANCE
- What are the personal requirements? A personal yoga practice and a commitment of intention.
UNIQUE REASONS TO TRAIN AT DC YOGA:
- DCYOGA offers an opportunity to work with teachers of different lineages of yoga, giving trainees the opportunity to try many styles of yoga and choose which one resonates the best with them.
- Trainees will be able to observe, participate, and assist in classes taught outside the studio, providing the opportunity to see how classes vary according to individual and group needs, work with those who are not yet fit, flexible or committed to yoga---an in- valuable opportunity!
- Learn ways to find classes and opportunities to teach.
- Benefit from teachers
who have had many years of personal practice of yoga and teaching.
- The main style taught for our teacher's training program is the basic series of the Sivananda lineage, encompassing pranayama, including kapalabati and anuloma viloma, surya namaskar and 12 additional basic yoga asanas to include forward bends, backbends, standing postures, balance postures, and spinal twists. After each asana, there is a return to savasana to allow the body to receive the benefits of the practice. There is a 10 to 15 minute guided relaxation/meditation at the end of the session. The style progresses to intermediate and advanced asanas, other forms of pranayama, and meditation.
The Sivananda Companion Guide to Yoga
Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnu Devananada
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchitananda
Asana Pranayama Mudras Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
All books can be purchased at the studio.
Weekend dates for Next Cycle:
8/06/2011 Saturday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9.5) Teacher's Training Part 1 intro
8/06/2011 Saturday 7:00-9:30 pm (2.5) Satsang - Free Yoga party
8/07/2011 Sunday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teacher's Training Part 1 intro
8/13/2011 Saturday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teachers Training Part 2 intensive
8/13/2011 Saturday 7:00-11:00 pm (4) Satsang - Free Yoga party
8/14/2011 Sunday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teachers Training Part 2 intensive
8/27/2011 Saturday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teachers Training Part 2 intensive
8/27/2011 Saturday 7:00-11:00 pm (4) Satsang - Free Yoga party
8/28/2011 Sunday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teachers Training Part 2 intensive
9/10/2011 Saturday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teacher's Training Part 3 advanced
9/11/2011 Sunday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teacher's Training Part 3 advanced
9/24/2011 Saturday 8:30am-6:00 pm (9) Teachers Training Part 3 advanced
9/24/2011 Saturday 7:00-11:00 pm (4) Satsang - Free Yoga party
9/25/2011 Sunday 8:30am-6:00 pm 200-Hour Bodhisattva Yoga Teacher's Training graduation